Post Growth Entrepreneurship

06.10.2020 • 14.00
a cura di Radically Open Security e AIEA
Live Talk in inglese

Post Growth Entrepreneurship

In the Information Age, new technologies and data-gathering power growth and change. Companies are addicted to exponential growth. But is this good for our planet and our society? In recent years social entrepreneurship claims to offer an alternative – but something still doesn’t feel right. As the founder of the world’s first not-for-profit computer security consultancy company, Melanie Rieback’s talk will combine her practical experience building “nonprofit businesses” with the macroeconomic theory of “post-growth” economists like Tim Jackson and Kate Raworth.

This talk will question everything that you know about entrepreneurship, provide practical tools to build something different, and then offer you a blue pill and a red pill. Can you go back to “business as usual” again?

Azienda promotrice:

Post Growth Entrepreneurship

Radically Open Security

Radically Open Security is the world’s first not-for-profit computer security consultancy company. We are prototyping an innovative new business model – using a Dutch “Fiscal Fundraising Institution” to provide a commercial front-end that sends 90% of our profits tax-free to a backend foundation (Stichting NLnet) that has supported open-source, Internet research, and digital rights organizations for almost 20 years. The other 10% has been our cashflow buffer, that allows the company to survive


Post Growth Entrepreneurship

Photo: Sebastiaan ter Burg

Melanie Rieback

Dr. Melanie Rieback is the CEO/Co-founder of Radically Open Security, the world’s first non-profit computer security consultancy company and the Post Growth startup incubator Nonprofit Ventures

Puoi seguire questo intervento direttamente in streaming attraverso i nostri canali di social media: